Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ignorance


The term “ignorance is bliss” is misleading. It is only bliss for the ignorant person not the people around them! I have recently received many letters, e-mails, texts, and other communications sending “regards” and “best wishes”. I don’t mind the great outpouring of love. In fact I appreciate it and am thankful for it. I just have had a few people who with their sympathies have felt the need to give advice. Some of which is ignorant. The common theme seems to be that Alex and I should stop “trying” to have a family because my body in some way “isn’t ready” despite the fact that I know those who say this mean well it is ignorant. It is an ‘old school’ mentality and so I know those who have said something will not be readying this but maybe word will get to them somehow. I AM NOT BROKEN. I have a physical problem that can luckily be fixed thanks to medical knowledge. I am lucky that the Lord has promised me that I will have children and that I will always be ready for children. Despite old school mentality we as women will not get pregnant if we are not ready. Women’s bodies don’t work that way and never have.

Anyway, Alex and I are doing what we feel we are supposed to do in all aspects of life. We are going to turn to the Lord for our answers not man. We are going to follow the scriptures, leaders council, dr’s advice, and personal spiritual guidance we have received and are still receiving. And if there is any doubt on the medical side of things my Dr is encouraging us to get pregnant as soon as we want because medically my body can handle and will be fine being pregnant because now we know the problem and will have the proper medical help to get through the whole thing! J So when we are both ready we will do what we feel is best!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news, that the doctor says you can have a baby whenever you're ready! YAY!!!!!!! I'm so so happy for you :) I know that people often say things that are hurtful, whether intentional or not, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that on top of everything else! Just remember that even if it seems like NO ONE else understands what you're going through, you have a whole network of people who love and feel empathy for you... and even when that fails to help you, you know there is One who knows EXACTLY what you feel. Not how someone else feels who had the same or similar experience as you, but precisely YOUR feelings... cause He already felt them :) I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete