Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Are We There Yet?"

I just had a few more thoughts for the day. I wanted to explain this weight loss challenge my family is doing. There are several of us who decided we need each others motivation to help us lose the weight we need to in order to be a healthier family. Each Sunday we all get together at my parents house and weigh in, the person who had the biggest % of weight loss get a $1 from each of the other people participating. It's been a great motivation for me and kept me wanting to win and doing a much better job at keeping my sights at the "end of the road".

My other thought has nothing to do with weight loss. I am working at being more positive about my life and the trials I have been through. I do have to say that it seems the updates I see the most on facebook are from my friends who are pregnant and those little "weekly" updates on how far along they are. While I'm so happy for them it is a little overwhelming to see on a daily basis when you are trying so hard to have a family and for some it looks to be so effortless. I actually wonder if they realize what a blessing it is to be pregnant and have healthy kids. (I'm just saying' kids aren't always easy but if you have them be grateful for them!)

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about seeing all those updates. BUT... I've learned to just roll with it :) I'm actually grateful for the trials I've had with getting pregnant, because I know that I will personally appreciate it more when I am pregnant than I would have if I had gotten pregnant immediately. I can't judge others and know if they realize how blessed they are, but I can keep tabs on myself and realize that everything will work out the way it should, and in the meantime I'll learn what I can from this experience:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you said this out loud, and I have to agree, some that haven't gone through the difficulties of trying hard to get pregnant might not appreciate the blessing of having a healthy baby. I know that when you get pregnant, you will appreciate that blessing, along with others that have had a hard time. :)

    ReplyDelete