Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bumps

So, last week I went to my OB because I’ve been in A LOT of pain and I had a feeling it was cysts on my ovaries. So, she ran a bunch of test and I’ve know that I had PCOS but I hadn’t ever been officially diagnosed. So I went back today for the results and I do have PCOS.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition in which there is an imbalance of a woman's female sex hormones. This hormone imbalance may cause changes in the menstrual cycle, skin changes, small cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant and other problems.

I did receive some results that I didn’t expect. She also found out that I have Hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone.
I will not be on a bunch of medication to try and fix my body and hopefully make it so I can finally get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. I hope that this will all work out and that my body will heal itself. My Dr said it is likely that my thyroid created problems for me while being pregnant and could be why we lost the baby.  I have a ultrasound tomorrow to see how bad the cysts are, hopefully not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment